Social media can level the playing field between industry leaders and upstarts, between multinational corporation executives and small-business owners, making peers of all participants. If you want to make your mark on social media, first and foremost you should provide quality content. You can either be a generalist — producing and curating a hodge-podge of content across many different disciplines — or you can choose to specialize in one or a few areas. Specialists tend to bend more ears than generalists. You’ve got to be able to stand out. Here’s a look at just some of the ways social media marketing can improve your business:
1. Increased Brand Recognition. Your social media networks are just new channels for your brand’s voice and content. This is important because it simultaneously makes you easier and more accessible for new customers, and makes you more familiar and recognizable for existing customers.
2. Improved brand loyalty. Companies should take advantage of the tools social media gives them when it comes to connecting with their audience. A strategic and open social media plan could prove influential in morphing consumers into being brand loyal.
3. More Opportunities to Convert. Every post you make on a social media platform is an opportunity for customers to convert. When you build a following, you’ll simultaneously have access to new customers, recent customers, and old customers, and you’ll be able to interact with all of them. Not every interaction with your brand results in a conversion, but every positive interaction increases the likelihood of an eventual conversion.
4. Higher conversion rates. Social media is a place where brands can act like people do, and this is important because people like doing business with other people; not with companies.
5. Higher Brand Authority. Interacting with your customers regularly is a show of good faith for other customers. When people go to compliment or brag about a product or service, they turn to social media. And when they post your brand name, new audience members will want to follow you for updates. The more people that are talking about you on social media, the more valuable and authoritative your brand will seem to new users.
Social media solves many business marketing problems. With more than two-thirds of the American population actively using social media, the platforms allow businesses to reach a large number of potential customers. Because of the way content is shared and distributed on social media platforms, businesses can significantly increase public awareness of their products and services. Further, social media provides a way to address the questions, comments and concerns of existing customers, building brand loyalty. For more information on the benefits of social media marketing checkout this article Forbes >> https://www-forbes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.forbes.com/sites/jaysondemers/2014/08/11/the-top-10-benefits-of-social-media-marketing/amp/?_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE%3D&_js_v=0.1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s&share=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.forbes.com%2Fsites%2Fjaysondemers%2F2014%2F08%2F11%2Fthe-top-10-benefits-of-social-media-marketing%2F