Does Your Website Need an SSL Certificate?
We strive to keep our clients informed of the latest developments in the online community. We want them to feel confident that we will share our expertise and help their business succeed. There has been a lot of buzz recently about SSL Certificates. What are these, why we recommended them, and why might you consider owning one now for your business?
The SSL Certificate
SSL stands for Secure Socket Layer. It is a security protocol that conveys your communications over the Internet in an encrypted form. SSL encoding is commonly employed by eCommerce websites (but continue reading even if you do not have an eCommerce site because you too can benefit from having an SSL Certificate) to protect sensitive information such as credit card numbers or personal data. SSL certificates ensure that information is delivered to the server for which it was intended, without falling into the hands of third parties (hackers!) who could tamper with the data. You’ll recognize sites that have an SSL certificate by the domain URL https://, rather than the unsecured http://, plus the green padlock icon that appears in your browser’s address bar (the color/appearance varies by browser).
What Are the Benefits?
- Trust & Reputation — An SSL certificate helps build a trusted online brand recognized by customers as a reputable website. When completing transactions over the Internet, online shoppers trust the https:// URL and padlock symbol over the unsecured http:// URL. With an SSL certificate, you can inspire the highest level of trust in your customers. That means you can confidently sell products or services in an online shop knowing that each of your transactions is secure.
- Search Engine Ranking — In addition to popularity with customers, an SSL certificate will make you popular with search engines as well! The SSL certificate is recognized by Google’s algorithm as a seal-of-quality and assurance, meaning your website will appear higher up in the search engine’s results compared to unsecured websites. This means that you will enjoy increased traffic to your website from customers searching for your services on Google – all you need to do is show them that the security of their sensitive data is your priority
Here are a few features of the superior SSL Certificates we use:
- 256-Bit SSL Encryption — World-class 256-bit SSL encryption for maximum protection
- Over 99% Browser Recognition — All major browsers recognize these security standards
- Lightning-Fast Validation — The digital verification (validation) is accomplished easily online, with no tedious paperwork or forms
Are you interested in obtaining an SSL certificate? Call Us Today at (678) 457-7939 or Send us a message, and we can set this up for you!